13.1.10

The September Issue


"I started at American Vogue the same day as Anna did," Grace says. "I think we understand each other. She knows I'm stubborn, I know she's stubborn. I know when to stop pushing her . . . she doesn't know when to stop pushing me."

“People constantly make the mistake of comparing London with New York, Milan and Paris and that's not what it's about. London has its own fashion identity. You come here to find the next Alexander McQueen or John Galliano.”

Starting from this moment, there is no more time for me to express amusement around or making stupid shaggy dog story just to please everyone. I have to be stern all the time. For your information, this year will be my closing year as a fashion student and I have to work triple than the usual. Can you believe it? When I wake up early in the morning, the first thing that came up to my mind would be, lord….THESIS! Well….there is nothing to be worried about. I’m fully equipped physically and mentally to face this commission and hopeful it will be easy, breezy and beautifully completed.

Anna Wintour, age 19. “Fashion isn’t about looking back, it’s about looking forward.” Except for Anna’s hair.


It's too much.....nampak macam makcik2 pun ade! U nak ke masuk dalam ruangan OK ke TAK OK?

For this final semester, I’m doing my thesis about modernism expression in fashion design. Modernism expression? What is that? Do you have any ideas on what I’m doing or you just nowhere to be found? For me, this topic seems to be interesting and I’m completely thrilled about it. Ok……I’m not going to talk about my theory in here because it might sounds boring to you, isn’t? So, let’s move on!

Anna's apparently not a fan of black...........
What, no color in this collection, Stefano? No evening?
Boring.......

After watching the real ‘The Devil Wears Prada’- The September issue, it gives me some sort of enthusiasm to really appreciate what I’m really doing now. I’m in love with this documentary kind of film because; well…..it’s Anna Wintour baby! Anna Wintour is the brains behind Vogue. Madame Anna is my icon and she’s so inspiring and real. I’ve been watching this 10 times already and it was great and ……..speechless! Watching this film gives such a big impact to me. There is no such word to describe Anna’s passion for fashion and of course passion for VOGUE. It is hard to believe!

Pernahkah kau bermimpi, seketika...berada ditempatku!

Anna and her daughter, Bee Shaffer, are at their Long Island home. They flip through old September issues; they have every issue of Vogue that Anna has ever worked on. While not particularly affectionate with her daughter, she does ask her advice on possible Charlize Theron covers. When the director asks Bee if she would ever work for the magazine, she immediately shakes her head. "I think I'm going to law school," she says.

In this documentary about the life and work of Vogue editor Anna Wintour and her creative director, Grace Coddington- there is a lot of things going on while making this extraordinary bible of fashion-The September Issue of 2007 and for me this is completely amazing and there is nothing hidden. Everything is revealing and incredibly remarkable. Being a legendary editor-in chief for 20 years at VOGUE is a tough position and she did her best to remain at the crown of fashion field. For me, she is the supernatural being of fashion! There’s nobody can take that position from her.

What is that?

Cedapnye kopi nie...... Gulp

Being Anna Wintour is like being a Superior Class Woman. All her expressions and everything seem to be so imperative and amazingly hard to defeat. What I really love about Anna Wintour is the fact that she is through the years, has become regarded as one of the most powerful people in fashion, setting trends and anointing new designers. What I learn from the movie is the charming side of Anna Wintour, her wonderful persona, passionate and so committed to celebrating beauty and her radical notion that clothes, models and photographers could tell stories and not just be objects. When I look at her ‘iconic’ style, pageboy bob haircut and frequently-worn sunglasses- that’s it, this is Anna Wintour and u can’t say anything about it and she might say that- this is my style and it will remain forever! So, what else?

With love, Sandra Azwan

4 comments:

Nazima said...

pnjm cte tu :)

Claudia Lawrence said...

Hi, ur blog is really nice and interesting, I have bookmark it & anxiously waiting for ur new post. I just wanna suggest that u should go for blog advertising & marketing there is a website called Blogerzoom.com which is offering very unique features at affordable prices. There are Expert advertising teams of Blogerzoom who will promote ur blog & affiliate ads through all over the networks. All u have to do is submit your blog plus pay affordable prices and rest leave it to Blogerzoom advertising team for Advertising & Marketing of ur blog then see how u enjoy a lots of quality traffic plus good readers to ur blog.

afiq said...

omg.. i bape kali tengok cite tuh.. isk isk...it makes me realise why i get myself into this mess..."fashion" miahahahha

Alie said...

I'd love to see this movie !